Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Good Thing No one's Keeping Score

Apparently, I need a full length, introductory course on the Creative Commons' licensing practices and options.
When You're Wrong, He Tells You You're Wrong

When You're Wrong, Wiley Tells You You're Wrong
I'm playing the interactive flash card game in the Open Licensing module of David Wiley's open course, and I'm just terrible at it. If scores were being kept, mine would be in the red.

Once I do get better at it (I presume that's the whole idea), I am going to have the unofficial wherewithal to offer some constructive criticism of the game.

Even now, mostly because it's my blog and I can, I would tell Wiley the instructional limitation s of the game are in the reveal of the answers. I cannot learn very much from "WRONG!" and following that, a brief blurb about the licensing option combinations required for my card selection.
Here's why:

1. I can't look back at my selection, so I forget what's "WRONG!" with the combination I chose in the first place; and
2. I can't get any information on why I'm wrong. I think the blurb is trying to be that explanation I so badly want and need, but ... it's not really helping me make sense of why I'm wrong. As someone who already has a hard time admitting they are wrong, I struggle to accept that information without a clearly detailed and good-enough reason.

Oh, and when I did actually get one right, I couldn't tell if that's what actually happened, or if perhaps the game had a little hiccup and it forgot to flash the "WRONG" at me. When I got one right, FINALLY, could you at least give me a little party? Some virtual confetti, maybe? a little happy clipart? Nothing! Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment